SLMS – Stacker Layer Measurement System
The SLMS is a non-contact laser based measurement system for transversal processes that measures the length and number of boards that are passing by the sensor into a stacker layer.
|Measuring range||4.800 mm (15.7 feet)|
|Stand-off||850 mm (33.5”)|
|Resolution||1 mm (0.04”)|
|Repeatability||± 1,5 mm 2σ (± 0.06” 2σ)|
The LMS6048 length measuring gauge is perfectly suited to measure board stacks. The gauge is mounted on the side of the conveyor and measures layers of boards as they move to the stacker layer. The system PC software will record all individual boards and the total board length of the stacker. A convenient statistical report is generated with printing options.
The boards can also be separated from each other with small irregular distances.
The length values are sent as UDP-messages to the superior control/registration system.
To measure complete layers of boards in front of a stacker
To measure board by board and transmit total numbers and length.
The LMS6048 length gauge uses the principle of 2D laser based optical triangulation. A laser line is projected on to the surface of the material being measured.
- Measures with accuracy even on bended and twisted boards due to LIMAB patented 80 mm (3.1”) height vision technology irrespective of the line speed
- Independent of vibrations
- High accuracy on long and short boards
- Measures accurately even on dark ends
- Control of all boards specific length and the total length of all boards that is processed in the sawmill
- Non-contact measurement for best results
- The robust LMS6048 and its precursors LMS6044 and LMS6045 has been installed in more than 700 installations
- Easy to install in new and existing production lines
- No moving parts, no mechanical wear, long durability
- Easy operator interface on side of laser
|Specification||SLMS / LMS6048|
|Stand off (SO)||850 mm (33.5”)|
|Measuring range (MR)||4.800 mm (15.7 feet), e.g. board length of 2,0 – 6,8 m (6.6-22.3 feet)|
|Output resolution||1 mm (0.04”)|
|Measurement frequency||1.000 Hz|
|Exposure time||0,2 – 100 ms, automatically adjusted|
|Height Vision Xmin/Xmax||80/55mm (3.1/2.2”) (line length at near/far of measuring range)|
|Power supply||18….36 VDC|
|Power consumption max.||10 W|
|Weight||25 kg (55 lbs), (35 kg including bracket)|
|Operating temperature||0…+40°C (32…104°F)|
|Industrial protection class||IP52|
|Weight||25 kg (35 kg including bracket)|
|Dimensions||950 x 235 x 162 mm (37.4 x 9.3 x 6.4”)|