Steel measuring equipment
To ensure a highly effective industrial process, it is crucial that the manufactured products are correctly measured. LIMAB provides measurement systems for the metals industry, both for the production of long and flat products – everything from tubes and bars, billets and blooms, to larger slabs.
Our steel measuring systems give exact measurements of dimensions and defects in different steel mill applications, as for example tube and bar OD, length and straightness, slab dimensions and thickness and width of steel plates and strips.
Benefits of our non contact measuring systems:
- Our systems dramatically reduces the mill set-up time and improves the production yield.
- The operators can avoid time consuming (and sometimes hazardous) manual inspections of the tubes/bars/other steel products.
- The steel measuring systems all includes LIMABs own produced laser based sensors, that are all kept in stock for spare parts deliveries.
Non contact steel measuring/gauging systems for many applications
Our wide range of steel measuring equipment has a lot of different areas of application – and drastic benefits!
- For the measurement of long products we offer both systems for measuring seamless and welded tubes, as well as measurements for bars, blooms and billets. The LIMAB TubeProfiler S system can measure the outer diameter, ovality, straightness, length and true shape of the tube. The LIMAB BarProfiler 3D measures the complete bar dimensions including diameter and ovality, shape irregularities like flat-spots as well as under- and overfills. The system also gives information about surface defects.
- For the measurements of flat products LIMAB offers systems for measuring slabs, heavy plates, and strips. Our SlabProfiler 3D is developed to give the plant management and operators full control over the caster operation.
The SlabProfiler 3D instantly recognizes dimensional problems of the slabs, such as width, edge profile, edge height, edge concavity/convexity and camber. This steel measuring equipment is suitable for both cold and hot rolling mill-applications.
Do you need more information, or do you have questions about our steel measuring equipment? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us at LIMAB – we will be happy to help you out!